In November 2009, Clifton Springs Golf Club celebrated the centenary of the first competition held on our course. Now a challenging 18-hole layout, we can trace our origins back to the late 19th century. It is believed it first took shape as part of a clifftop hotel development catering for holidaymakers coming by paddle steamer to the nearby mineral springs. The original Clifton Springs Golf Club held its first recorded official Saturday competition on November 20, 1909 on what was then a nine-hole links layout, set out by a well-known course designer Dick Banks.
Following the amalgamations of municipal councils in Victoria, the City of Greater Geelong became the owner of the course and from January 1st 1993, the golf club took over the operation and maintenance of the course.
We now proudly welcome members and visitors to play at our course and consider our club a proud home away from home to all, where the community spirit runs strong.